A workshop presented by members of the Team for Deaf/Partially Hearing Children & Young People.
Practical 'hands on' activities for checking and trouble-shooting hearing aids and radio aid equipment.
The workshop will enable participants to:
- develop an awareness of the range, level and types of hearing losses.
- understand how children's hearing is tested
- create a 'Deaf Friendly' classroom and favourable acoustic environment
- encourage and establish good hearing aid use
- introduce daily equipment checks and routines
- support CYP in earmould care and re-tube earmoulds
- support introduction of a radio aid
- trouble-shoot and support use of a radio aid
- maintain an audiology care kit
- support pupils, families and school staff
- get hands on hearing aid/radio aid experience
At the end of the workshop the delegates will be confident in checking hearing aids and radio aids; and feel able to successfully support the inclusion of a child with a hearing loss in the mainstream classroom.