- Introduction to the VI service in Tower Hamlets
- The nature of visual impairments and strategies to promote inclusion
- Modifying activities and print resources
- Promoting independence
- The Social and emotional impact of visual impairment
- Early Years and the importance of early intervention
Session will include:
- Raising awareness of challenges facing pupils with a visual impairment.
- Practical strategies to take away.
- Opportunities to share experiences and ask questions.
- Activities to gain a better understanding of visual impairment.
This course offers a good introduction to visual impairment for teachers and teaching assistants who are new to visual impairment or as a refresher course. Our focus is to enable the successful inclusion of visually impaired pupils in mainstream settings. We explore strategies for every age group. We welcome your input and shared experiences as well as your enthusiastic participation in practical activities. We hope that by attending this course you will be empowered to promote positive pupil attitude and high expectations.